Monday 7 March 2011

Ladies' Night at California Tapas and Wine

Dear All,

Saturday night social Ladies’ Night Out was so much fun! It took place at California Tapas and Wine restaurant in Didzioji str. We were a gorgeous group of nine ladies clinking glasses of Californian and Spanish wines and having some very delicious tapas. Conversation ran around IWAV socials, wine and whiskey tasting, food in Vilnius restaurants and organizing the upcoming fundraiser.

One of the memorable moments of the evening was learning how to “eat” king prawns’ heads. Thank you, our teachers Caroline and Alice! This was a very unusual and a new experience for me and, I assume, for our chair Barbara as well. I think it took me more courage though than her. However, the head I got was absolutely empty… either I (and everyone else) got lucky, or it’s the way prawns’ heads are… I have to say, I was kind of disappointed and relieved at the same time. But, really, it’s just a small prawn… why, on earth, did I expect there would be much brain?

At some point a charming gentleman joined our ladies' party. I have to say he was so cute! Unfortunately his stay was very brief and he left quite soon with one of the ladies. I think he stole her heart! :-) Are you wondering? See the photos below!
Enjoy!






The Master! That's how you look when you enjoy it!

That's how you look when you think that prawns have much brain!



No comments:

Post a Comment