Sunday 29 November 2009

Bazaar: My Impressions


Today is the day of the Bazaar! This is the first time I attended this event and it was amazing! I have never imagined on what a huge scale this is organized! Oh my God, it must be so much work to coordinate such an event. I am sure soon we will get a detailed account of the event from Erin, Barbara or Sydney but I decided to make this quick post to share my impressions.

There I was a bit after 11.00 at the Town Hall to check out the bazaar. There were a lot of people, which is amazing as it was just the beginning of the fair. I can imagine how many more people arrived and contributed to the charity bazaar throughout the whole event till 16.00. Unfortunately I couldn’t stay long so I took a quick tour around, looked quickly at all the stands by various countries and went downstairs to buy some cakes baked by IWAV ladies. It was very exciting to see all of the international embassies brought together in this charity function and the large crowd that attended. It made me proud to be a member of IWAV, the association that made it all happen.

The atmosphere was warm and festive with kids running around, music and singing going on downstairs and people taking photos in front of the fur tree in the hall. It was really really crowded .When I finally managed to make my way to those cakes I couldn’t believe my eyes how many delicious looking sweets there were on offer. How was I supposed to choose?? I think I got about five-six different cakes, two of each. Luckily I was having some guests for tea (or we would have eaten them all ourselves)! When I came home I realized that mostly I picked out the chocolate goodies. All of them were amazingly good. Eating my third piece of cake I thought to myself: "This is one of these rare cases when you can eat a lot of sweets guilt free as you are eating for a good cause" :-)

:-)
Galina

2 comments:

  1. This is so interesting to me! I don't think I've ever heard or read the impressions of an outsider to this event! Thank you, Galina!
    My feet hurt so much last night that I could barely drive my car home! It hurt just to press the clutch and gas pedals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are back in Vilnius after a trip to India. Sorry to have missed the Bazzar (2nd year in a row). Thanks for sharing your experience Galina. It was fun to read.

    MyDesiBaby

    ReplyDelete